MEXICAN CEVICHEServes 12. Serve with fresh tostadas, or as a salad.
Serves 12. Serve with fresh tostadas, or as a salad.
4 lbs shrimp(16/20 c.t.)
2 red onions
2 bundles of cilantro
2 Serrano or jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup honey
10 limes Juiced
Salt to taste
1 orange halved
1 lemon halved
1 onion peeled and cut in quarters
4 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons sugar
Boil shrimp. (take care not to overcook them about 7 to 9 minutes) take shrimp out and let them cool in an ice bath. Chop all vegetables into small cubes. Add salt, pepper, honey and lime juice and mix. Add shrimp and mix together, check for seasonings then serve.
1. Use Himalayan pink salt. It has bio available trace minerals just like our bodies. And has less sodium than table salt.
2. I used stevia instead of sugar and honey
3. I halved this recipe. One stevia in the water and 1 in the salad
4. Go to your local Mexican restaurant and buy fresh tostadas . At just 8g of net carbs they are very light and figure friendly.
5. If you are not a cilantro fan use flat leaf parsley.
Garnish with avocado or spread guacamole on top of tostada before topping with the salad.
This salad gets more delicious as it marinates. Day 2 and 3 are even better! 😛 Enjoy!